Monday, April 26, 2010

Initial Ideas/ drafts




Elements that I want to include in my design look at adressing qualities within the dutch painting and trying to apply them so that they inform the way my building is used.

these include:-
control and restriction of light
Influencing movement and behaviour within the building.
a strong sense of containment
a strong sense of materiality




I decided to keep the building on a relatively small scale, to convey a sense of intimacy evident in the dutch paintings. I also think that a small scale is relevant to this type of building.


I found this photo inspirational. It shows a fortress/castle style window in which you are able to see a small framed view of the outside from inside, but from the outside it is very difficult to see inside. I wanted to use this idea for my trement of windows to control the views of my travellers and to deny them visual access into the building from the final outside waiting area.

No comments:

Post a Comment