Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My chosen art style and client




I took inspiration from my art style and client from the closeby Marrickville Reverse Garbage, which is a community/ coop centre where buisnesses and individuals can leave their waste which is then resold for creative/ artistic uses. I loved the idea of a junkyard/gallery as I think it would fit in well with the aesthetic and feel of Newtown as a place of creativity, haphazardness and general grunginess.
I think that there is a strange appeal to junkyards. People are curious to explore and discover their contents sometimes to an almost obsessive point. I think using this aesthetic would draw people into my gallery space and ignite their curiosity.


I also Took inspiration from this young and upcoming artist called Marc Antony Polizzi. He uses found objects, normally considered as junk in large scale sculptural/Installation pieces. This is the type of art I might like to display in my gallery.
"My work uses a process of reconstruction and unification to examine the domesticated chaos of the post consumer world. This area where the relatively ordered and relatively disordered coexist and interact might seem like a contradiction, considering the more austere and violent sense of chaos. However it is in this gray area in which I construct my work. These installations draw on the history and narrative properties of found objects, to bring out the human connection often lost in the glimmer and glitz of an ever growing material culture."
Marc Antony Polizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment